Thursday, May 12, 2016

Learn English With Big Bang Theory Season 5 Episode 23



  • We need to talk about your upcoming mission.
  • I’ve been doing my push-ups.
  • I am still stuck at nine, but that’s going all the way down with no one holding me.
  • Snafu 混乱: We’ve run into a bit of a snafu.
  • Capsule  胶囊、太空舱       Pressurization test 压力测试     Bottom line 概要
  • Soyuz联盟Your Soyuz capsule failed the pressurization test, so bottom line, mission’s been scrubbed.
  • Scrub 取消  This was my dream ever since I was a little kid.
  • Pastrami 熏牛肉  I’m gonna die the way God intended, in my late 50s, with a heart hull of pastrami.
  • I am going to need a larger shirt, this one’s a little tight under the arms.
  • Do you think maybe it’s tight because you’re wearing long underwear?
  • Rephrase 重新措辞  Let me rephrase the question.
  • Shouldn’t the question be: why aren’t you?
  • No, it should be: why are you?
  • Tuxedos晚礼服   These rental tuxedos have been worn by hundreds of sweaty strangers. I don’t like my own swear touching my skin, how do you think I feel about theirs?
  • Why don’t you slip this on? 为什么不试试这件?
  • Hangman刽子Noose 绳索:   Said the hangman offering a noose. 你说的就像一个刽子手递上绳子一样。
  • Well, that wasn’t as entertaining as when he rents bowling shoes, but it was right up there.
  • Rescinded撤销、废除:  My order have been rescinded, I am officially “no go” to space.
  • I am a little relieved you’re not going.
  • When was the last time you were at Best Buy and you heard someone say, “ooh, check out this Blu-ray player, it must be good, it was built in Russia”
  • Parachute 降落伞:  When you come back to Earth in a Soyuz capsule, you free-fall from apace at 500 miles per hour, and the only thing that slows you down is a little parachute that pope out right before you crash into the ground. And the whole thing was designed by the same brilliant minds who were unable to capture Rocky and Bullwinkle.
  • I wasn’t worried.
  • You weren’t?
  • Let me explain the difference between you and me. You watch Star Trek, I live it.
  • Oh, please. I don’t remember the episode of Star Trek where the guy never goes to space and brags about it in a tuxedo store.
  • Make all the jokes you want, but there’s only one of us here brave enough to almost do what I almost did.
  • You must be burning up. 你现在一定热死了
  • Urethra尿道:  A little, but not more than your urethra will be after whatever’s in those pants swims up them.
  • Dashing时髦的    Hygienic卫生的: I cut quite the dashing, yet hygienic figure, don’t I?
  • I look like the Flash about to get married.
  • Oh a tissue! 卫生
  • Purell 普瑞来洗手液:   He keeps emergency Purell in the car.
  • For the record, not your worst opening line.
  •  
  •  
  • Astronaut 宇航员 I’d still be an astronaut, even if I didn’t go to space.
  • You can’t turn down an opportunity like this.
  • I am terrified about going into space.
  • Level with (口语)向某人说实话I am gonna level with you.
  • Off to work?
  • I’ve been thinking about what I said when we were in bed the other night.
  • I noticed you never answered me.



No comments:

Post a Comment