Thursday, May 12, 2016

Learn English With Big Bang Theory Season 3 Episode 12


  • Getting ready for a double data with actual women who publicly acknowledge they are our girlfriends.
  • What other kind of women are there?
  • Freak him out
  • I am a passionate man and I tend towards public displays of affection
  • It would help if you and Penny made out, too
  • Carefree 无忧无虑的, 逍遥自在:  No more carefree bachelor nights for me and Leonard.
  • Broncos 马   Saddle 给(马)装鞍:  These broncos have been saddled.
  • We have a wonderful evening ahead of us.
  • Partition 硬盘分
  • Reinitialize 重新初始化
  • There’s so many cool things we could be doing tonight.
  • Galleria 商业街廊
  • Zoot Suit (灯笼裤)是一种男士服装,流行于20世纪2040年代。特点是上衣宽而长,裤腰高,裤口窄。整套服装的颜色非常鲜艳
  • Swing 摆: It’s a salute to swing music in the center court near macy’s.
  • Hoot 舞蹈教学; 猫头鹰叫声; 汽车喇叭声
  • Article 品: I have no desire to salute any article of clothing tonight.
  • Riot 骚乱; 乱: Much less one that’s linked to race riots in the 1940s.   
  • Semantically 在语义上   Null 失效的: That’s a semantically null sentence.
  • Infinitives 不定
  • Amusing 有趣的: That’s certainly amusing but I have no interest.
  • The world is filled with people doing things outside.
  • If outside is so good, why has mankind spent thousands of years trying to perfect inside?
  • Scheme [skim] 策划; 图谋: It’s a marketing scheme.
  • Compromise 折中方案: Let me offer you a compromise.
  • Stifled 息   Scenery 风景
  • Slide 动: I am sliding into third.                    
  • Sometimes when I feel stifled and want a change of scenery, I use my imagination.
  • Two dimensional world 二维的世
  • Fantasy 幻想作品: Mathematical Fantasy
  • You are saying that because you haven’t been there.
  • Hexagon 六边形
  • Segment 节: Line Segment
  • I am starved.
  • Flesh 肤    Skeletonize 使。。瘦成骨架    Rodent 啮齿目动物:  Watching flesh-eating bacteria skeletonize small rodents, it really works up an appetite.
  • Off Chance 极小可能性: That you’d be willing to die a horrible death you on the off-chance you’d get to second base?
  • We’re way past second base.
  • We kind of disagree about what the bases are.
  • Diary of Anne Frank安妮日
  • I think things might be turning around pretty soon.
  • Psychic
  • Good job not making fun of her.
  • Phony 子: She’s not one of those phonies, okay.
  • Why are you being such a jerk?
  • Bite me.
  • Why don’t you kids go ahead and chat, we are gonna make out back here.
  • Slide 动: I am sliding into third.
  • Do you really have to bring it in with you?
  • Strike 袭击:  What if evil strikes and my power ring runs low?
  • Wingman 
  • Screwdriver 伏特加橙汁鸡尾
  • Chintzy 低廉的    Screw 螺丝钉:  Don’t be chintzy with the screw.
  • Root质; 源      Float 
  • Root Beer Float 是北美地区独特的一种饮品,上面通常会加上两勺香草冰淇淋:  I would like a root beer float.
  • Apparently these people and I differ greatly on the definition of ‘party’.
  • Shirley Temple 由姜汁、石榴汁调成,配上一颗樱桃的无酒精鸡尾酒。
  • Hook up泡上/钓上某人。至于钓上的定义,可以从接吻到一夜情含糊不
  • Copulate 性交,交配: The point of this exercise is for you to find someone to copulate with?
  • When I lie through my teeth to a woman, you nod and agree.
  • Subcontinent次大
  • Slumdog 
  • Gynecologist 妇科医生
  • In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight.
  • Have you chosen one to copulate with?
  • We could always learn more about why people who believe in psychics are idiots.
  • We don’t need to talk about that any more, Leonard covered it pretty well in the car.
  • Wanna jump right in the middle of another couple’s argument?
  • Altogether 完全地:  Maybe some of us should stop talking altogether.
  • Monogamous 一夫一妻的     Mutually 互相地:   The best thing about being in a committed, monogamous, mutually supportive relationship is that even if you have different ideas, you can have a spirited debate, yet still care for, even make love with…
  • I knew you were going to do that, doesn’t make me psychic!
  • Attaboy 好样的:  Attaboy, Leonard make it worse.
  • Laser 
  • Had a great night last night, I don’t like to kiss and tell, but somebody made it to eighth base.
  • How’d things go with Penny? Oh, couldn’t be better.
  • Frustrations 败:   Are we taking our relationship frustrations out on innocent Cylons?
  • I was going to try to squeeze in a little more mocking before lunch, but I can come back later when you don’t have a high-powered weapon.
  • Abduct [æbˈdʌkt] 劫持,诱拐
  • Gullible易受骗的    Probing寻根究底的:   That didn’t bother you? On the contrary, it means she was gullible and open to a little probing.
  • Pretend I believe something I don’t whether I am with Penny?
  • These are the women who believe exactly what you believe.
  • These are the women who would be willing to sleep with you.
  • Triple intersection 三线交叉:   Right there in the little triple intersection is your ideal mate.
  • Odds 可能性:  Odds are she’s a short physicist with low self-esteem who lived in a government research facility in China.
  • Intellectual 智力的    Integrity 整:   In order to keep having a sexual relationship with Penny, I have to give up everything I believe in, my intellectual integrity, the very nature of who I am?
  • Disinfect 
  • Finnish 芬兰语:   And now I thought I’d learn Finnish.
  • Whatever floats your boat.
  • What do you say?
  • Insane 疯狂的:  I merely offer you a facial expression that suggests you’ve gone insane.
  • I had a great time, that’s done; I’ve moved on to other things. For example, after I learn Finnish, I am not going to learn Finnish again.
  • Levy 索取     Rhetorical 辞藻华丽的; 虚夸的; 夸张的    Plea 求    Invocation 祈祷; 乞求       Supplication祈愿; 哀求     Employ 雇用; 使用; 利用:    I highly doubt there is any argument you can make, threat you might levy, rhetorical strategy, plea, invocation, or supplication that you can employ that would convince me to reconsider.
  • I’ve admired these for years.
  • Does that mean we can go with the girls again?
  • Puny 微不足道的; 弱小的:  Hulk agree to second date with puny humans! You can’t wear the hands on the date.
  • Lint 棉绒; 绒布: Cleaning out the old dryer lint, huh?
  • Courteous [ˈkɜ:rtiəs] 谦恭的; 客气; 有礼貌的   Ignition 着火,燃烧:    Not only is it courteous, it’s safety smart. Every year 15,000 fires are caused by accidental dryer lint ignition.
  • Nerdy 傻瓜似的;蠢 Nerdy Guy
  • I could never be mad at you!
  • Obnoxious 应受谴责的; 讨厌的:   After you were the most obnoxious person on a double date that included Howard Wolowitz?
  • It’s not right to mock what a person believes in.
  • Would you be willing to go to my psychic and see what it’s all about?
  • Astrology占星术
  • Voodoo 术:    You don’t wanna mess with voodoos.
  • Treatise 论述; 论文; 著:   Flatland is more than just a mathematical essay, it is also a treatise on Victorian social morals.
  • I had never considered that.






No comments:

Post a Comment